Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Purse Week!


The Contest:

Make a purse, bag, or clutch.  It can be any size.  No wallets or backpacks please.   We don’t want to make it too general!  There is an awesome panel of judges that will narrow it down to the top 10, then the voting will be finalized by you, the readers. 

________________________________________________________________________

How to Enter and Rules:

1) Please add 2 or 3 photos of your purse to the Purse Week Flickr Group.  Do not watermark your photos.  Anything you made after July 1st, 2010  can be entered.  You can link to your blog if you would like.  If you don’t have a blog, that is totally fine, but please note some way to contact you!

2)  All entries are due by Friday, October 8th, at 11:59, MST. 

3)  Up to two entries per person.

4)  If you used a pattern or tutorial online, please make sure to list that and give credit where it is due.  Tell us about your purse, your inspiration or anything else interesting about it.  Obviously if it is your own creation, you might score more points that way, but purses made or modified from tutorials or patterns will certainly be accepted and can still make the top 10.

5)  Knitted and crocheted purses are really great, but will not be accepted.  I think the judging will be too confusing at that point.  Sewn purses only, please!  Knitting or crocheting can be used to embellish a purse, however, but on no more than 50% of the purse.

6)  For the top 10:  I really don’t want this to be about who has the most friends or followers:).  I’d prefer if you didn’t say, “Go vote for me!”  I’d love for you to spread the word, but really, let people vote for what they like the best.

7)  International entries are accepted!  The 3 fabric shops all ship internationally, and the patterns can be sent to your email address.  So that is great news!

8)  Entries will start being accepted…now;)

________________________________________________________________________

The Prizes:
These are some great prizes, and there are a lot!  I hope that you will visit the shops and give these generous sponsors some business!  As far as the number of prizes donated, I did email a few people all at once, only expecting a couple to want to donate.  Wow! I was pleasantly surprised, as you can see!  Plus I had a couple ladies volunteer some donations without being asked, which was also very cool.  So the top three winners are going to be getting some great stuff!  I wish I could enter ;) . 

I feel a little bad having so many prizes, like I was greedy or something, but I just didn’t know people would be so generous.  So I just want to thank all the prize donators for being so wonderful!

*First Place: 
-   $35.00 gift certificate from Melanie of Above All Fabric 

-  $25.00 gift certificate to Hawthorne Threads, donated by Nicole from Create and Delegate

-   2 yards of Valori Wells Nest Line Corduroy fabric:  One Summer Paisley and One Rose Birds, donated by Vicki of EllaLu Boutique 

-  Three patterns of choice from Sue of Sewing With Me

-  2 patterns from Dana of MADE:  one Christmas Stocking Pattern, the other a pattern of your choice


-  one pattern of choice, hard copy mailed OR pdf file from Jen of Jen Giddens

-  One Runaround Bag Pattern:  an all new purse pattern from Anna of Noodlehead

-  One pattern of choice from Ava of Pacific Designs


*Second Place:

-    $25.00  gift certificate from Above All Fabric

-  $20.00 gift certificate to Hawthorne Threads, donated by Nicole from Create and Delegate

-  Two patterns of choice from Sue of Sewing With Me

-  2 patterns from Dana of MADE:  one Christmas Stocking Pattern, the other a pattern of your choice


-  one pattern of choice, hard copy mailed OR pdf file from Jen of Jen Giddens

-  One pattern of choice from Ava of Pacific Designs

*Third Place:

-   $15.00 gift certificate from Above All Fabric

-  $15.00 gift certificate to Hawthorne Threads, donated by Nicole from Create and Delegate

-  One pattern of choice from Sue of Sewing With Me

-  2 patterns from Dana of MADE:  one Christmas Stocking Pattern, the other a pattern of your choice

-  one pattern of choice, hard copy mailed OR pdf file from Jen of Jen Giddens

-  One pattern of choice from Ava of Pacific Designs

_______________________________________________________________________


Guest Bloggers:

Oh boy, this is going to be so much fun!  Look who is going to be guest posting! 

Anna from Noodlehead


Katy from No Big Dill 


_______________________________________________________________________


The Judges:

I’m so excited for these 3 judges.  They are going to do a great job!

Disney from Ruffles and Stuff

Sachiko from Tea Rose Home

Abby from Sew Much Ado

_______________________________________________________________________
Here’s the button you can use on your blog, if you’d like to help me spread the word!
Purse Week Button

10 comments:

Samantha said...

I just entered! I hope you guys don't deduct points for my pitiful photography. You can see the purse clearly, but the other contestants' photos look so nice. (That's a compliment to the other contestants, if you're wondering.) Good luck to all!!
Black Patchwork Purse
Samantha
dragonwingstudio@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

So excited to be able to enter this contest, I didn't even know about this contest until today. What great prizes. Good luck everyone, there are so many great purse.

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Such a fun contest! Thanks for hosting!

Emily C
Sew Super Sweet
emilysarnold@hotmail.com

Sew-Handy said...

Thanks for hosting such a fun contest.. and allowing international entries too :)

My bag looks so 'home made' compared to all the lovely entries.

Cyrene
sew-handy.blogspot.com

Imaan09 said...

great contest for all the bag mania

count me in..
ID : Ruhil Imaan
Email add : zalipan2503@yahoo.com
http://imaan09.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

I almost missed this, but I just entered my bags. Fingers crossed! Flickr yells at me when I include my blog address, so I'll give you the info here (hope that's ok!)
I entered as Sweet Bee Creations
my email is sweetbeebuzzings@gmail.com.
my blog is www.sweetbeebuzzings.blogspot.com

Wonderful prizes, judges, and guests! Of course I hope I win but there are some delightful bags in that pool!

aldabe said...

I loved looking at all the purses that everyone made.
I just uploaded 4 photos and when I checked the dates on them it says Dec 2000! I took the pictures yesterday with my new camera and I don't know how to set the date on it.

Emily said...

I just entered the bag I finished today! What a great contest!

Wani said...

Tried to post my pix to the Flkr group and it wouldn't let me! Said it was at its limit. :-(

beadpod327@gmail.com said...

Please be advised, Samantha is not whom she pretends to be. She is using my email address as hers. Identity theft. I just saw this today and I am very angry.
I am Marcia C Cupschalk and dragonwingstudio@yahoo.com has beem my email since 1995. Additionally, I am a professional photographer and would never need to say what she said about her poor attempt at photography.
The posting done by Samantha in 2010, using my email address, is someone I have no knowledge about. When she reads this, I am calling her out for doing digital identity theft and I suggest it better not be done again. I am very well established in the art world and with legal partners.

LinkWithin